problem of a fiber cleaver

Hi everyone, I have a York ultrasonic fiber cleaver, FK-11. Recently the cleaved fiber facet is always tilt. The tilt angles range from less than 1 degree to several degree. And the tilt directions are all toward a certain direction. I disassambled it, checked all the adjustable parts. But the problem still exists. For it is a second hand cleaver and I can not find a local distributer as well, I can not get any valuable advice. Who have met this problem or have any idea? Thank you very much.

Best regards

X. P. Zhu

Reply to
mopa
Loading thread data ...

Check the clamping mechanism. Is it clean? Is it straight? Is it clamping properly? Are you catching part of the jacket or acrylite in the clamp (cocking the fiber)? Is the cutting blade clean? Wipe it down with isopropynol or acetone.

P.Danek

Reply to
danek

Tilted facets usually result from twisting the fibre. Have you changed your fibre handling technique?

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Thank you all. I have check carefully and found when the clamp closed its tongs had a very little parallel relative movement. So it did not press the fiber vertically and twist it. There was mechanical problems in the clamp.

X. P. Zhu

Reply to
mopa

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.