Fusion Splicers & OTDR User Manuals Wanted in pdf Format (all optical test equipment)

Wanted: Fusion splicer and otdr user manuals in pdf. We actually want all fiber optic and optical test user and instruction manuals. If you have printed manuals would you go through the trouble to scan them? Do you have manuals in pdf adobe format? I'm considering starting a library for user manusl. Starting with splicers and OTDR's. We have a few dozen late-madel splicer manuls in pdf format but need all of the splicers on the market. We have no OTDR manusl yet in pdf format.

Wouldn't it be nice if somewhere there was a library of user manuals??....For free??? In 5 to 10 years won't you be thrilled when all you have to do is go online and download the manuals you need? This could work with everything from cars to your refrigerator.

Reply to
awetrwerewr
Loading thread data ...

Can you say "copyright violation"????

Reply to
danek

Isn't Google doing something like this with printed books? They want to scan every book every printed. Copyright is a concern. But have you ever had an older machine, or car, or anything that needed repair but maybe the manufacturer no longer exists, for instance. I wonder if one scanned and posted that machine's user manual on the internet if this too is a copyright violation. Whose rights are violated in this instance? I'd say my rights are violated if a manufacturer who does not even exist, or even one who refuses to support a machine deliberately holding repair information.

What happened to people "sharing" music? Was ALL OF THAT deemed a copyright violations. Between music sharing legal actions, and now what Google is doing certainly there has to be a gray area? Most high- tech equipment manufacturers refuse to give or sell manuals, even simple user manuals. They do this for one reason; they want you to buy a new one for a higher price. Does a hardware owner not have rights?

I'm going to purse this for a while until I get a definitive answer. Any copyright attorneys out there. No, and not one of those attorneys you see on the news like Fox. I've been to court more times than those morons. It's amazing how little they know, and they each interpret the law in whatever way makes their firm look better to potential clients that might see them on tv. I mean an attorney with real world experience. Hey, any Google attorneys??? You know they will win....

Reply to
adv

YES! Did you sleep through the whole Napster thing? Google is only posting books that have expired copyrights (they only last so many years).

Between music sharing legal actions, and now

Reply to
danek

quoted text -

Anyone else have an opinion? I go by the premise that you can't believe everything you read. Aren't there music sites that allow you to upload music to "your" account and let you share it? I'm not into all the music stuff but seems to me there are still both music and software sites in a gray area. I assume the difference was that as an individual you shared the music (or software). Am I mistaken?

Anyone know the law on exactly how many words, or notes of music constitutes copyright infringement? And what happens when a company goes out of business. Why can't a user's manual be posted on the internet. And what if a company no longer supports an item.

Check out some of the ebay sellers offering user manuals on CD:

formatting link
The above item is #230155933783 if the link doesn't work. This is only one but he sells test equipment manuals on CD. Not antique equipment. Here is what appears to be his disclaimer:

This CD is created and produced by planet-e-tech from non-copyrighted, public domain, declassified or non-classified US Government documents, and is designed to work under Windows operating system (the .pdf files are also viewable under other platforms, but some automatic features are likely to be disabled).

Reply to
awetrwerewr

quoted text -

formatting link

I highly recomend that you do some research on copyright infringement. A lot of manufacturers do post manuals for free on the web, Agilent included. If the CD is from public domain documents that means that you too can go out and get the stuff for free yourself so why buy his CD?

As far as music and software, just because you can copy things doesn't make it legal to copy things. The record companies went after several students in this area for doing exactly what you are describing. It proliferates because it is easy to get away with. The chances of you getting caught are low but you are on a newsgroup talking about doing something that can potentially be illegal. You might want to check things out before you get yourself in trouble.

P. Danek

Reply to
danek

quoted text -

Good point, many companies post their manual. These must be what some are selling on ebay. They put 5 or 10 on a cd and sell for 5 bucks or whatever. I wonder however if the simple act of the manufacturer posting on their site a manual constitutes "public domain"?

Reply to
awetrwerewr

quoted text -

As long as there isn't a "copyright xxxx" on the inside cover somewhere then it is fair game.

P. Danek

Reply to
danek

Hide quoted text -

Glad to know you here!

we are manufacturer for passive components,supply patch cord, Cable assembly, Attenuator, adaptor, circulator, switch, VOA, PM products, cable etc. G-Tech Communication, founded in 2004, specializes in optical communication field; our products as follow:

1.Passive components: Patch cords (FC,LC,SC,ST,MTRJ,MPO,E2000,ESCON) Attenuators (FC,LC,SC,ST,and In-line Attenuator) Adaptor Cable assembly Indoor cable Water-proof products 2.High level components: Circulators Switch VOA Short band isolator PM products

Now G-tech have owned 2000 square meter's manufacture base and 120 skilled operators, provide more than 500 thousand high quality connector units per month, with much experience to supply high level and special requirement products, such as MPO(12 fibers),E2000,and MTRJ etc.

if you take interesting to make business in this field, please contact with me, thanks so much!

Yours truly! Honky Lee

G-Tech Communication Co., Ltd Phone:(+86) 755 8318 5925 13510019517 Fax:(+86) 755 2673 5507 Web:

formatting link
Mail: snipped-for-privacy@g-tech.cn MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
honkylee

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.