For Sale: Book - Optical Fibers by Takanori Okoshi

I am auctioning a hardbound book titled Optical Fibers by Takanori Okoshi and published by Academic Press ISBN is 0-12-525260-9 on Ebay. To the best of my knowledge it is no longer available in print. I purchased this book new, and it is still in as-new condition. Copies that are not in perfect condition are currently listed on Abebooks.com for $44.00 to $175.00.

The Ebay Link is:

formatting link
An excerpt from the preface to the book reads "This book describes the theoretical basis (electomagnetic theories) of transmission characteristics of optical fibers. The material and fabrication technologies are not described systematically, but only briefly where necessary to assist comprehension of transmission characteristics. ....... This book is entitled simply "Optical Fibers." If a more lengthy but descriptive title were preferable, it would be "Analysis and Design of Optical Fibers"."

Table of Contents:

1. Introduction
  2. Basic Concepts and Equations
  3. Ray Theory of Optical Fibers
  4. Wave Theory of Uniform-Core Fibers
  5. Wave Theory of Nonuniform-Core Fibers
  6. Classification and Comparison of Various Analysis Methods
  7. Optimum Refractive-Index Profile of Optical Fibers
  8. Optical Fibers Having Sructural Fluctuations
  9. Measurement of Refractive-Index Profile of Optical Fibers
  10. Measurement of Transmission Characteristics
  11. Concluding Remarks

Please send any questions concerning this book through Ebay.

Reply to
craftsman_ron
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.