fiber tensiograph

Hi all,

I'm a mechanics student in my final year of a bachelors course and I'm currently preparing for my final year project. For this project I have decided to build a fiber tensiograph, as outlined here -

formatting link
For my project I am planning on purchasing a Afonics DXR0074 (coupling LED with ST style connection - Suitable for coupling to 50/125 and

62.5/125 multimode fibres), a photodiode Afonics PXR0108 (suitable for use with the DXR0074), and 2 OM1 (62.5/125mm Pigtails) ST to free fiber cables.

I've researched this equipment for a while now, and as far as I'm concerned it is suitable for use with a teniograph. Is there any reason why it mightn't, or might there be more suitable equipment in your opinion? I'm just a bit worried about buying equipment which won't work...

I hope to feed the photodiode output of the phododiode into a ADC. I was wondering if I would need to buy a driver circuit to power my LED. I'm aware that lasers use laser driver circuits that deliver a very stable current supply to the laser. Is this an issue for LEDs?

Thanks very much for your help,

Happy new year,

Ian.

Reply to
bg_ie
Loading thread data ...

hehe, so luck~, see a person from Tianjin Univ.

bg snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com =E5=86=99=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

Reply to
Minglie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.