Conversion of Terahertz to Frequency

I want to give an office worker a job of building a catalog of DWDM parts that express their channel as a frequency (Terahertz) rather than wavelength (Nanometer). I'm looking for an Excel formula that would help us to convert from frequency to wavelength. Is it available somewhere?

The calculation to make this conversion isn't brain surgery, but I gather to do it accurately it is several steps and requires some care, and it's probably beyond what I would want to hand off to an office worker, even a fairly smart one. So, I'm hoping it is shrinkwrapped somewhere.

Reply to
Will
Loading thread data ...

Wavelength =3D speed of light / Frequency Frequency =3D speed of light / Wavelength

You should find the speed of light to the accuracy you want with a quick internet search.

Reply to
John_H

It's not a RTFM, but this:

formatting link
something important: in OF the speed of light is *about* 66% than that speed in vacuum. To be more accurate, it depends on the refractive index of the OF.

Reply to
gionnico

That really is very poor advice and has nothing to do with how DWDM devices are specified. A little knowledge can indeed to dangerous.

Specifications are reference wrt to light in vacuum and to find them out the OP jsut needs to look in a decent datasheet for a DWDM DFB laser diode.

Reply to
D Moodie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.