complex envelope

Plz explain me the concept of complex envelope of a signal and how much it is useful.I searched it on net but still I am not very clear to it. Kindly help me out because it will not be possible for me to do my job without doing my concepts very clear.I am a research scholar an I found that my guide may not like If I ask such a basic question to him.Please any one of you can help me.then kindly do it for me. thanks in advance.... Waiting eagerly for the reply.

Thanks a ton Shweta :)

Reply to
Shweta Mishra
Loading thread data ...

A complex envelope of a signal would involve both the magnitude and the phase of the envelope, although it's not clear to me exactly what the phase of an envelope would mean.

Bob Pownall

Reply to
Bob Pownall

Thansk a lot Bob for replying me. I am thankful to you that u tried ur best. Thanks a tonn :D

Reply to
Shweta Mishra

Googling the phrase "complex envelope" comes up with a Wikipedia article, as well as a number of other possibly useful links.

Bob Pownall

Reply to
Bob Pownall

Also the article on "Phasor analysis".

Reply to
AES

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.