aspheric lens for focussing

I have a fluorescence-detection application that will use optical fibers for excitation and detection. For compact focussing and collimation of beams, it looks to me like aspheric lenses are the best bet. I've looked at the geltech.com and Thor Labs websites and I can't find any pertinent app notes or whitepapers. All the information I see there is about coupling light from laser diodes into fibers. Does anybody know of a technical paper or handbook about more general system design using aspheric lenses? Would one of the handbooks about fiber optics have this information?

Reply to
Alison Chaiken
Loading thread data ...

In the melles griot catalog you can find some very general information about optics and how to use lenses. This is usually a good start. Anyway, at the end you have to try and improve your manual skills in fiber coupling, which is as important as theoretical studies...

Reply to
Lukas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.