Switch suggestions

Hello.

We have here mostly HP or Allied Telesyn switches. In the HPs we like the lifetime warranty. The Allied Telesyns we bought because they had fanless models (those were 100Mb/s), which are nice for installation in corridors (sometimes quite close to office doors).

Now we are going to need to buy a couple of switches (one of those Allied Telesyns died today and we used our last spare). I am going to search in manufacturer's web pages, but I wonder what do people suggest ?

We need/want:

- rack mount (1U preferable);

- gigabit ethernet in all 24 (maybe 32) ports;

- good brand with a good warranty;

- fanless, if possible.

- we don't need management, although if the price difference is low...

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro
Loading thread data ...

Admittedly, I have an institutional bias, but the first thing that came to mind was the HP ProCurve 2724.

rick jones

Reply to
Rick Jones

formatting link
"The recommended replacement product for the ProCurve Switch 2700 Series is the ProCurve Switch 1400 Series."

So it seems that one has been replaced by the ProCurve Switch 1400-24G (J9078A).

formatting link
Which is a good thing because the 2724 is expensive compared with models like the Allied Telesis AT-GS900/24 or the AT-GS950/24 (managed).

formatting link
?pid=67 The price of the 1400-24G is similar to the Allied Telesis's models, so it might be our choice.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro

formatting link

My pleasure - sorry it required additional digging on your part - just when I think I have the product line down, those pesky folks in ProCurve land introduce something new :) Well, I guess that is why

formatting link
is there - so I can start over from time to time :)

rick jones

Reply to
Rick Jones

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.