static routing in addition to DHCP on my router.

Okay, I've got a Covad T1 router coming into my house. I've got a dozen or so available IP's available. THough I don't want to use all static IP's to set up each computer. So I've got a linksys wireless router (192.168.1.2 with DHCP scope of 192.168.1.150 - 199) hooked up to the Covad. Also hooked up the the Covad is another linksys router outside (192.168.1.1 with a DHCP scope of 192.168.100 - 149) in my shop, serving a network there.

Both router WAN ports are serviing there own static IP's through the Covad, that is one router is not behind the other.

I need to access both networks to access eachother.

But her's the rub. I'm implementing VOIP. I need to put Sipura analog

to digital converters at both inside and outside locations. THe sipura's must each have a static IP. Inside is not a problem since the Covad is readily available.

I've 1 cat5 running between the locations. I've got switches available. I want all my workstations to be behind a router. I realize I can replace the outside router with a switch, but then I'll have to run it off the inside router. Can I use static routing in conjunction with the DHCP on the wireless router. If so how?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Jambo
Loading thread data ...

Okay, I've got a Covad T1 router coming into my house. I've got a dozen or so available IP's available. THough I don't want to use all static IP's to set up each computer. So I've got a linksys wireless router (192.168.1.2 with DHCP scope of 192.168.1.150 - 199) hooked up to the Covad. Also hooked up the the Covad is another linksys router outside (192.168.1.1 with a DHCP scope of 192.168.100 - 149) in my shop, serving a network there.

Both router WAN ports are serviing there own static IP's through the Covad, that is one router is not behind the other.

I need to access both networks to access eachother.

But her's the rub. I'm implementing VOIP. I need to put Sipura analog

to digital converters at both inside and outside locations. THe sipura's must each have a static IP. Inside is not a problem since the Covad is readily available.

I've 1 cat5 running between the locations. I've got switches available. I want all my workstations to be behind a router. I realize I can replace the outside router with a switch, but then I'll have to run it off the inside router. Can I use static routing in conjunction with the DHCP on the wireless router. If so how?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Jambo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.