server using DG on a different Vlan.

hello networking people. Is this correct? Each Vlan must have its own Default Gateway, this directs traffic between the different vlans. Each device on a Vlan must address its own DG.

I have a issue from a contractors remote site, i am thinking their server is not setup correctly causing our connectivity issues. they have a server on ip 10.20.66.X, subnet 255.255.224.0 using a DG of 10.20.64.1 now from the server i can ping the Dg, but there have been reports that there are intermitent network issues. I ran a tracert sucessfully. Pings were replying fine for me, but could replicate users issue, so i just wanted to check to see if there servers network settings are set up correct, going on what i have always done i would use the DG from the same vlan. I am correct that the remote site is wrong? if so i will have to let them know so i want to make sure i can confirm that they are wrong.

Thanks Heaps

Reply to
vyaw2003
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.