Rj45 cable optimized for low space

Hello, I need to put an rj45 ethernet cable where there is few space for cable connector.

Can you suggest me where to buy "angular" cables in Europe or Italy?

Thanks you in advance for any reply.

Mario

Reply to
mgiammarco
Loading thread data ...

I've not seen such a product.

If you are plugging the cables in to wall jacks (not stated), perhaps you could replace the faceplates with angled faceplates. They permit the cable to enter the jack at a shallow angle; relieving strain and requiring less physical distance from the obstructing object.

The following is not a recommendation, just the first example that I located:

formatting link
Best Regards, News Reader

Reply to
News Reader

Thanks for the idea I will use it in the future, but this time I have no faceplate.

Reply to
mgiammarco

What are the cables being plugged into (patch panel, host), and what is the physical structure that is causing the space issue?

Reply to
News Reader

I have two uncommon situations:

- home teather pc in a very small enclosure under tv (no additional holes admitted...)

- fibre channel hdd in two cases not big enough (if you want to understand this look at:

formatting link
Thank you again for your interest!

Reply to
mgiammarco

formatting link

Product image:

formatting link

TURCK BANNER S.R.L. Via San Domenico 5 IT-20010 Bareggio (MI) Phone (+ 39) (02) 90 36 42 91 Fax (+ 39) (02) 90 36 48 48

formatting link

Mazzeri S. R. L. Via Teodosio, 65 l-20131 Milano Phone (+ 39) (02) 2 87 11 61 Fax (+ 39) (02) 2 82 86 36

formatting link

Reply to
News Reader

mgiammarco wrote in part:

You had better make sure you have adequate ventillation to adequately cool that PC. They often have small/no fans and require free-air placement. A closed back cabinet may lead to heat-death.

I have not seen and "elbow" or right-angle RJ45s. But you can cut boots off and slit jacket and bend tightly. This isn't exactly spec, and may be somewhat unreliable.

-- Robert

Reply to
Robert Redelmeier

If I was desperate and had a cripming tool I would try a cable with the sheath removed at the connector.

Not a professional solution but it might work and for home use who would care?

It is more likely to work at lower speed 10/100/1000.

One day I needed a crossover cable at home and I just tried cutting a patch lead in half and twisting the wires together.

Worked fine at 10M.

Reply to
Bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.