redundant ports in trunk

First, i set port 1-10 as a trunk group. as the max number of aggregated ports is 8, so port 1-8 form a trunk while port 9 and port

10 are redundant ports. according to 802.3ad, traffic will only go through trunk members, so when i send packets through this trunk, port 9 and port 10 will be in rest(ideally, while this is not always the case. Why??) till now, everything is OK. no flooding.

Then, i modify priority of port 1. as a result, port 1 becomes a redundant port, and port 2-9 form a trunk. when i send broadcast packets, switch begins flooding as there is a loop.

i feel quite confused...Does this mean that redundant ports will form a loop?(anyhow, only throught some specified ports? quite wierd)

802.3ad manual indicates that redundant ports are allowable in trunk, right? any one can explain the reason and tell me some good way to avoid this kind of loop...

much thx

Reply to
sailing511
Loading thread data ...

something important... after i modify priority of port 1, switch won't flood but then i enable spanning tree and disable it, later switch begins flooding...

Reply to
Sailing

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.