Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
September 15, 2016, 5:00 pm
rate this thread
Re: NFS mounts
OK, I figured it out, with some help from the other group.
It seems that FreeBSD can mount files, but only export directories,
and can mount subdirectories or files in the exported directory only
with the -alldirs option. And, when using -alldirs, there are restrictions
on what you can export.
But doing it right, the client can mount a single file instead of
a whole directory. This is how diskless clients mount swap.
- » NYC local event: UNIGROUP meeting Thur 16-MAR-2017: DataCenter Structured ...
- — Newest thread in » Ethernet LAN
- » How does Allied Telesis CentreCOM TM AT-210T and AT-210TS Micro Transceiver work
- — Last Updated thread in » Ethernet LAN
- » California: AT&T Temporarliy Tables Plans for Cell Sites [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum