Metro Ethernet

Hello,

I would like to get in touch with anyone who has experience in setting up metro ethernet using Cisco 3560 switches. I am in the process of moving from one network provider to another. The new provider is installing the metro ethernet lines, but not providing any information on how to configure the switches to carry our data over this network.

In prior situations, I have always gotten information from the vendor on how to configure the equipment to gain access to their network. This is the first time I have encountered resistance from a vendor to provide assistance in setting up equipment which will use their network.

No, I was not allowed to get the switches from the new network provider since they had a higher cost than others. I do believe this is part of the difficulties I am having. But, would like to discuss installing a Metro Ethernet network with those of you who have experience.

Thanks for your time and look forward to discussing the matter with you in the future.

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **

----------------------------------------------------------

formatting link

Reply to
skymax_taf
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.