Help! Looking for Docs for SynOptics LattisHub 2803

Google turns up a bunch of links to Bay Networks which are out of date. Nortel bought them out but apparently didn't transfer the docs to their support web site.

Reply to
Nelson
Loading thread data ...

At Nortel website, under "Support | Technical Documentation" Under Manufacture discontinued, System 2000 Ethernet Hubs... See if this answer your questions. From what I can remember, 2803 was quite simple box, a hub, no mgmt on it, could be cascaded to others 2803 or 2813. Not much else..

Reply to
Julio Arruda

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:33:03 -0400, Julio Arruda wrote (in article ):

Thanks, Julio. I was looking under the "Bay Networks" branded stuff. Since the thing has a port labled "Terminal Port", I was assuming there was some way to interact with it, set it up, manage it, or whatever :-)

Reply to
Nelson

According to my now-ancient Training Guide for 28XX Hubs, the 2803 does have local mgmt by way of an RS-232 port on rear of unit. It says to use an ASCII terminal, straight-thru cable from a PC Com port, set for 9600bps, 8 data, no parity, 1 stop, no flow control.

Quote "Local hub mgmt provides local config control and status for a standalone 2803 Hub"

--reed

Reply to
Reed

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 17:22:14 -0400, Reed wrote (in article ):

Thanks, Reed. Yes, I noticed the DB-9 Terminal port. Any clue as to the commands and responses one can get?

Reply to
Nelson

Event Occurred, per port, for Link Status, Inv Polarity, Partition, Collision, Late Coll., Jabber, Auto Partition. (only shows event occured or not; no counts, etc)

Control Options to Enable/Partition port, Enable/Disable Auto Polarity Detect, Enable/Disable Rcv Link Test, Reset (unit ?)

--reed

Reply to
Reed

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.