Generate packet with bad CRC

Hi,

Does someone know if there's a way to send ethernet packet with bad CRC, with a fiber optic card? And if it is also possible to count them on a fiber optic card? it seems that "ethtool -S eth0" can displays statistics including bad CRC packet count, but i don't know if it is possible with all fiber optic cards.

Thanks for help

Keul

Reply to
Keul
Loading thread data ...

Many likely can count them, but not generate them. As far as I know, there are some cards specifically designed for use in testing that have extra abilities, and probably an extra large price tag.

I don't know any specific model numbers, though.

-- glen

Reply to
glen herrmannsfeldt

Smartbits tester will do it, here is an arbitrary card that says it does bad crc generation.

formatting link
"CRC error generation capability."

Not at all cheap.

Reply to
Bod43

Thanks for the link but I think i will try to use a cheaper way (a RJ45 ethernet product that can make crc error packets with a fiber converter.) (baybe I will arrive to disable the CRC filter of the converter...)

So do you know witch fiber card and network (gigabit) card could count crc errors?

For my fiber card :

no stats available :(

Reply to
Keul

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.