General Network Help

We are having an issue that I could use some help on.

We need to connect two networks together, we'll call them network 1 and network 2. I am an administrator on network 1 but not on network

1. We've been provided an IP address for network 2 and a port on their main switch.

Our network (network 1) has a totally different set of network address (3 class C subnets) from network2. We'll say Network1's subnets are

192.168.64.X 192.168.65.X 192.168.66.X and Network2's subnet is 192.2.10.X

Network1 is configured in a star topoly with a mix of Cisco 6509 catalysts and Cisco 3550s. We have a central 6509 with a supervisor module setup as a basic router. The router inerface has the VLANs setup for each of our subnets.

Now here is the issue: We need to connect Network1 to Network2 in order to get out to a bunch of Web Based tools, websites etc. These networks are isolated and do not connect to the Internet in any way. Network2 is a network hanging off a larger logical network (not dissimliar to the Internet). This greater logical network we'll call InfoWAN. The Network2 has an establish pressence on the InfoWAN but Network1 does not. Our specific issues are: How do we route specific web traffic out Network 2 to get out to InfoWAN? How do we ensure that the web traffic knows how to return to a specific machine on Network1?

We have a Foundry BigIron 8000 at our disposal that may be used to connect the two networks.

If anyone has any help for us I would greatly appreciate it. By the way, I'm a point-and-click administrator (Windows admin). They cut our network engineer job a while so I'm pretty much up a creek.

Thanks, Mat

Reply to
NoVaBoiler
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.