difference b/w inter-switch link port and trunk port

Hello ever-body

Can u please tell me if there is any difference b/w

inter-switch link port and trunk port

Thanks

Reply to
vicky
Loading thread data ...

Is there anything about "trunk link" that isn't clear?

As to "interswitch link port," where did you see it mentioned and how was it described?

Bert

Reply to
Albert Manfredi

--------------------------------------------------------------------

For about inter-switch link port please read a file which in my shared web (diino)

formatting link
the name of file is private-vlan-09.txt

in this file u scroll down and see the fig. 1 for to see about inter- switch link port.

and please tell me about them as i already read it. But there are lot of confusions for about implementing of promiscuous port and also about inter switch link port and trunk port.

Thanks in advance

Vikrant

Reply to
vicky

please read file inter-switch link and trunk port.txt

which in my shared web file and the link of this is -

formatting link

Thanks

VIkrant

Reply to
vicky

These look like proprietary Cisco L2 schemes, using VLANs in odd ways. Did you look at Table 1?

What they call promiscuous port is what I thinbk would normally be called a port connecting to a trunk link. What they call interswitch link port seems to be a port connecting via specific VLANs only, not simply a VLAN-aware port.

Bert

Reply to
Albert Manfredi

since you are asking a lot of detailed, yet academic type questions, was wondering if you are student in Singapore or ???

vicky wrote:

Reply to
ps56k

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.