crc checker

I have this good rx frame below. I am using easics crc generator tool to get 32 bit crc, with 32 bit data. I am unable to produce the crc that has been received in the packet which is e5 5c 0b f8 (from the packet below) I am must be missing something. Below is the function generated by easics tool. I have a good frame below with good crc. When I call the function, the first byte I send is in the order first bytes sent is bit reversed in each byte

// crc_packet[*] are the bit reverse of the data in the packet

next_crc

Reply to
niki_tech
Loading thread data ...

correction to the message, The initial value for the first crc_in is set to 32'hFFFF_FFFF. Just forgot to mention At the first byte next_crc reversing 0d)

Reply to
niki_tech

You posted to the ethernet group, so I have to guess that you are comparing to ethernet. You mention 32 bit data, and seem to process it 32 bits at a time. Ethernet doesn't require packets to be multiples of 32 bits, though.

(snip)

(snip)

Why are they 3, 2, 1, 0 in the first case, and 56, 57, 58, 59 in the last case?

-- glen

Reply to
glen herrmannsfeldt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.