Allied telesyn & VOIP

anyone know if the AT switches can split out the voice traffic into a separate vlan like ciscos can? some sites only have one ethernet port per workstation so the pc plugs into the voip phone then the phone into the switch.

the cisco command is;

interface range GigabitEthernet0/1 - 23 switchport access vlan 101 switchport voice vlan 105

any alternative on a AT-8000S??

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam
Loading thread data ...

Hi I have AT-8000s Switches,

is there a way to have the device separate voice and data traffic from the same port? with a cisco i can plug the pc into the voip phone, then the voip phone into the switch and configure it like:

interface range GigabitEthernet0/1 - 23 switchport access vlan 101 switchport mode access switchport voice vlan 105

is there any equivalent command on the allied's?

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

Don't think so. The AT-8000S is a pure L2 switch, having worked with some (older) software releases from the 8000 series (8024, 8326) I've never seen any L3 stuff in there.

Reply to
Denis Jedig

but it should just be layer 2 802.1Q vlanning.. it doesnt need to be layer 3 does it??

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

You need to look into the frames and IP packets to determine that it's VoIP traffic and you probably need to keep state as well - some very popular VoIP protocols dynamically negotiate port numbers for communications. That's a bunch of L3 logics.

Reply to
Denis Jedig

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.