3C35100 CoreBuilder 3500 Administer password recovery

I have recently purchased this used switch, but i seem that the previus owner has set a non-default Aminister password.

I do have access to the swithc using the "Write" user, but not all the Administers rights.

I have tryed, the default acounts and the backdoor for the older fimware versions (this switch is at v3.05)

It seems that there is a boot flag register, has anyone any information about this, and is it possible to recover the password that way..?

Or is is there a way to restore factory defaults, perhaps using the push button on the supervisor module..

Any help would be appresiated....

Best Regards

Johnny

Reply to
Johnny
Loading thread data ...

If you are lucky, the same reset to factory defaults that works on the

3com 3300 will work for you. user 3comcso (all lower case) pw RIP000 (this worked for mine!!!) Note: these must be used on the serial input terminal port! pw variation possible RIP 000 or RIP 0000 or try w/o space.

One thread says use recover and recover as user and pw, and kill power within 30 seconds.

Source of info; tek-tips.com 3com switch forum thread545-555357 forum search of 3com password:

formatting link

Reply to
gr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.