Wireless interoperability between Cisco Aironet and Orinoco.

Hi all,

I'm going to change an Orinoco PCMCIA card (inserted in a Linux box) with a Cisco Aironet series. We are using it to have Internet connectivity. The provider also uses Orinoco products (it should be an Orinoco Tsunami Quick...) I would know whether any of you knows if Cisco works fine together with Orinoco devices. Is there any aspects I should take care about this?

Moreover I must decide between Aironet 350 series (metallic case for outdoor) and 1400 series. The first one covers distances till 40 kms, the second one about 10 kms. The connection will be a point to point one: 350 seems to me more "professional" and essential in skills for the target while 1400 series present more features (perhaps too much) for our purposes. Which are commoner solutions for authentication, do I need a certificate, a radius server to establish the connection?

Any link or suggestions will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

Has no one knowledge about this couple of devices? Alex.

Reply to
AM

AM schrieb:

It should work as station.

The other way round an ORiNOCO (aka Hermes I chipset) can assiocate to Aironet APs if configuration allows.

If you need bridging the airo_cs driver is different from orinoco_cs or hostap driver.

Reply to
Uli Link

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.