Windows 7 and Client 5.0.05.0290 Starting before log on...

Is it possible to get this client to start before logon? In XP, there was an option for that. Now installing on Windows 7 it is gone. I have several new Windows 7 Enterprise (32Bit) users that I would like to set this up.

We are running into issues with Mapped drives and such that isn't working as we need.

TIA.

Tim

Reply to
TimParker
Loading thread data ...

What "client"????????

Reply to
Thrill5

He's talking about the Cisco VPN client, and no it won't start before logon on either Vista or Win 7. And from what I've seen Cisco has no plans to update the client to work with these. You'll need to move to Cisco's AnyConnect, something I have to do as well.

Reply to
RC

If you don't any joy with the official VPN client, you might be able to get the Shrew VPN client to start automatically on boot.

formatting link
I should think it would be a matter of creating a service that runs

'ipsecc.exe -r "name" -u user -p pass -a'

[or a cmd script with in]

on boot. You may like to think over the implications of something connecting into your network without prompting for authentication, especially if it's movable like a laptop.

Reply to
alexd

Ok, thanks. I had started looking at AnyConnect as I have a 64Bit User that was going to push me in that direction, but I didn't (and still don't) really have the time to look at implementing this right now. I will push this to the back burner then for now. Thanks again.

Reply to
TimParker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.