When is RELOAD not the same as a power off/on?

Hi Folks,

A generic question here.

At a remote site I recently had a BRI issue for a Cisco Call manager (4.1) Voice to PSTN Gateway where INBOUND PSTN ==> Router calls would NOT succeed, the PSTN reported "number not available" to the caller, but OUTBOUND Router ==> PSTN calls would work fine. Extensive REALOADS of the Router prodced no change to the symptom, HOWEVER I eventually discovered that a CLEAR BRIxxx command entered immediately following a RELOAD, would fully restore INBOUND PSTN ==> Router calls (IE normal service). This particular environment had been running with few issues for over 2 years.

Does anyone know why a CLEAR command is required after a RELOAD, to FULLY reset a BRI interface?

I can post H/W and IOS info if this issue is specific to a platform or IOS. I am wondering if it might actually be an ISDN Switch issue at the local exchange and not an IOS or H/W issue?

Cheers................pk.

Reply to
Peter
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.