VPN site-to-site betweem Cisco 1841 and SonicWall 170

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a Cisco 1841 to Sonicwall 170.

The tunnel is establishing successfully, but I can't ping computers from any LAN to the other side of the tunnel.

When running Tunnel Diagnostics on Cisco SDM I get the following report:

------------------------------------------------------------ VPN Troubleshooting Report Details

Router Details

Attribute Value Router Model 1841 Image Name c1841-advsecurityk9-mz.124-5.bin IOS Version 12.4(5)

Test Activity Summary

Activity Status Checking the tunnel status... Up

Test Activity Details

Activity Status Checking the tunnel status... Up Encapsulation :0 Decapsulation :0 Send Error :0 Received Error :0

Troubleshooting Results Failure Reason(s) A ping with data size of this VPN interface MTU size and 'Do not Fragment' bit set to the other end VPN device is failing. This may happen if there is a lesser MTU network which drops the 'Do not fragment' packets

Recommended Action(s)

1)Contact your ISP/Administrator to resolve this issue. 2)Issue the command 'crypto ipsec df-bit clear' under the VPN interface to avoid packets drop due to fragmentation.

------------------------------------------------------------

On the Sonicwall side, I see this message whenever I try to access the other side: Message - "Malformed or unhandled IP packet dropped" Source - , 0, WAN Destination - Notes - IP Protocol 51"

Do you have any ideas what can I do to fix the tunnel?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Amit Gatenyo

Reply to
amitgat
Loading thread data ...

Hello,

there might be a problem with the MSS size configured on your local LAN interface. Try and set this to 1350:

interface FastEthernet0/0 ip tcp adjust-mss 1350

Regards,

Naz snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com a =E9crit :

Reply to
nazgulero

Sadly, it didn't work.

I've set it on the interface that is connected to the LAN (FastEthernet0/0) but it didn't do the trick, the tunnel is still being created successfully, but I can't ping computers on the remote LAN.

Reply to
amitgat

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.