VPN + routing table issue

I have this very very strange behavior in my network and I don't know what can I do !!!

My company have two sites. The equipment for the internet connectivity are two cisco 2600. For the first site I have the router with 2 Wan interface : the first one is a =AB Fastethernet =BB and the second one is a ADSL . For the second site I have the router with only one ADSL connection.

I have configured a vpn between my two sites going from =AB fastethernet =BB to ADSL, and this is working .

Now I must switch the vpn on the both ADSL link interfaces. I have reconfigured all and I can see the vpn UP-ACTIVE but I have some connectivity issue.

The routers can ping each other without problem and the router on the first site can ping all the second site's subnet. The problem starts when I try to ping from one host in the first site one host on the second one : I receive ONLY THE FIRST reply from the remote host.

After several debugs and different tests I have seen that probably is a routing table problem.

On the first's site router I have had to add one route like this :

ip route 255.255.255.0 Dialer1 otherwise I haven't connectivity between my sites.

If I try a recursive ping I can see that I recive always only ONE reply only when on the first stie's router I clear the routing table for that subnet !

So : Router first site: HOST THAT PING Clear ip route 255.255.255.0 I receive one reply from the second site

time out

time out

time out Clear ip route 255.255.255.0 I receive one reply from the second site

time out

time out

....... Now I wonder if someone can help me, pleeease!

Thanks, Ginevra J.

Reply to
ginevra.jeremy
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.