vlan trunking Cisco 4500 to Linksys SLM2005

I bought a Linksys SLM2005 because according to the documentation it supports 802.1Q. I was planning on connecting the Linksys to a cisco

4500. I enabled VLAN encapsulation 802.1q and trunking on the cisco 4500. When I connected the Linksys switch and disabled something called ingress filtering on the port connected to the switch, created PVID-VLAN id to corespond to a vlan on the cisco switch and associated one of the ports with that PVID. Linksys does not have very good technical support. I do not understand how cisco can allow linksys to associate their name with linksys. End of my rant. Anyway has anyone been able to get trunking(802.1Q) to work between a cisco 4500 switch and a linksys SLM2005 switch?

Thank you, jacobsladder

Reply to
jacobsladder
Loading thread data ...

Never used a Linksys switch (we have experience of Cisco, 3Com and a little with HP and AT) but was the PVID on the Linksys the same as the native VLAN on the Cisco port? If the native VLAN is not set on the Cisco then it defaults to VLAN 1, which may not be what you want.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Wilson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.