Verifying IOS says signature not found in file

Hi Team,

Whenever i upgrade an IOS i run this command to verify the file after the download to check the health of the file. This time for upgrading from 12.2(40) SG to 12.2(50) SG2 I downloaded the new IOS into the bootlfash and i am getting this wierd warning when i run the verify command and am not sure what to do with it. If you have any idea what it means pls let me know. I have the upgrade scheduled in a day so request your prompt response. The better side of the whole thing is that i am getting the same warning for the existing IOS (cat4500- ipbasek9-mz.122-40.SG.bin) as well. The switch is up since 10 weeks with this IOS.

Switch-A#verify cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-50.SG2.bin CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC= CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC= CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC= CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC= CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC= CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC= CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC Verifying file integrity of bootflash:cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.

122-50.SG2.bin %WARNING: Signature not found in file bootflash:cat4500-ipbasek9-mz. 122-50.SG2.bin.

Switch-A#verify cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-40.SG.bin CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC= CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC= CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC= CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC= CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC= CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC Verifying file integrity of bootflash:cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.

122-40.SG.bin %WARNING: Signature not found in file bootflash:cat4500-ipbasek9-mz. 122-40.SG.bin.
Reply to
Jitin
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.