Trying to manage MTBF in the Network

Looking for a way to capture the hardware age via snmp or show commands. I understand that asset management would be a "good" way to do this. Looking for identifying all the legacy gear placed in service before managing inventory. The HW version under the show command is not quite granular enough. Greatly appreciate any input.

Reply to
kyle_robertson
Loading thread data ...

Looking for a way to capture the hardware age via snmp or show commands. I understand that asset management would be a "good" way to do this. Looking for identifying all the legacy gear placed in service before managing inventory. The HW version under the show command is not quite granular enough. Greatly appreciate any input.

Reply to
kyle_robertson

In article , k@dell wrote: :Looking for a way to capture the hardware age via snmp or show :commands.

In general, you won't find it. At most you'd find the uptime, which I suspect isn't what you are looking for.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.