Telnet/SSH

Telnet/SSH

Guys,

Can this be done. I want to be able to telnet/ssh into my pix 501. From the prompt,can I telnet to my windows server?

Outside --> PIX 501 --> Windows machine

I tried it but nothing works.

Tony

Reply to
tractng
Loading thread data ...

Is your Windows machine running a TELNET or SSH server? Can you telnet or ssh to it from the inside network?

Reply to
Barry Margolin

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: :Can this be done. I want to be able to telnet/ssh into my pix 501. From :the prompt,can I telnet to my windows server?

:Outside --> PIX 501 --> Windows machine

You cannot log in to the 501 and use it to log in to a host.

You can, however, set up a translation so that when you telnet to the PIX outside address, that you get connected to the Windows box.

static (inside,outside) tcp interface telnet WINDOWSIP telnet netmask

255.255.255.255 access-list out2in permit tcp any interface outside eq telnet access-group out2in in interface outside
Reply to
Walter Roberson

Walter,

For the config you given provided, it does work if i telnet it when i am inside the network too (since I don't have extra line to test it).

For example: my_inside_pc --> pix 501 --> windows server with telnet running

Tony

Reply to
tractng

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: :For the config you given provided, it does work if i telnet it when i :am inside the network too (since I don't have extra line to test it).

:For example: my_inside_pc --> pix 501 --> windows server with telnet :running

No, you can't do that. The PIX 501 will not allow packets to return back to the same interface that they came in on. You would need to test from outside.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.