T1 Line Speed Test Question Please Help!!!!

I have t1 line with Bell South and the t1 line terminates on a Cisco

1721 Router at both Corporate locations. I do not believe that I am getting a full 1.5 Mbps through the line between the two locations. I manage the routers at both location.

Is there any software or router configuration commands that I can do to test from router to router the amount of speed that I am receiving from the T - 1 line?

Any responses is greatly appreciated. Thank You

Reply to
mdargin
Loading thread data ...

TTCP is a handy utility

formatting link

-Wil

snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Reply to
Wil

formatting link

Reply to
BernieM

Keep in mind that 1721 at best gets only up to slightly over 6Mbps (in ideal conditions). Even with simplest configuration but real Inet traffic patterns performance is smaller. As complexity of configuration grows, the performance decreases.

Also, with single TCP session it will take you loooong time before you get to the line rate (actually after 60-70% of the line rate further climbing becomes much slower). Instead of testing _line performance_ with TCP, blast some UDP traffic (iperf can do it) to see what your line can deliver. If you see good performance on UDP, but not on TCP then it's time to look at TCP tuning at the end systems.

Kind regards, iLya

Reply to
Charlie Root

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.