SNMP - Monitor Temperature of any Cisco Devices

Hi everyone

Is there a possibility to monitor the temperature of a cisco device using SNMP? If yes, how can I do that?

Thanks

Reply to
thierry.yeung
Loading thread data ...

Sure, if you have a device that would support it. Ie. a 7200 or Cat4500/Cat6500 certainly would have temperature probes you can measure. A 831 or cat2924 don't have them.

You measure them out of the ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusTable in the CISCO-ENVMON-MIB.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

In article , tyeung@mk wrote: :Is there a possibility to monitor the temperature of a cisco device :using SNMP? If yes, how can I do that?

Keeping in mind that very few Cisco devices -have- temperature monitors:

formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson
2800 series ISR-s have 'show environment all' command that outputs system temperature (among the other things) in numerical form and the other devices I manage in my net (Catalyst 3750, 3550 and 2611XM routers) are showing temp only in descriptional form (TEMPERATURE: OK). This can be shown by the 'show env all' IOS command. I suppose that you can pull these variables with SNMP.

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.