Setting up a Secure GRE Tunnel

Hi everyone,

I was hoping that someone would be able to give me some help on an issue I've been having.

I want to setup a secure GRE Tunnel between two of my sites. First the background:

Site A:

Has a 1721 router. Nothing very complex is setup at this site. It has one connection to the Internet. I have NAT setup for all internal traffic to pass-through on a different IP address than the outside interface.

Site B:

This site is much more complicated. But the router that I want to connect to is connected directly to my providers backend. So I have a private address on the outside of my router. I have an Internet connection on it. I created VLAN 1 on this router with a Public Address. All my server for the outside are connected to the VLAN with public addresses. So the VLAN 1 address is their Gateway. The public addresses pass through my provider just fine. Everything works on that side. I even have NAT happening for my internal traffic for Internet. It is a separate IP than the VLAN 1 IP.

But now I want to setup a Tunnel on that router. I can't seem to get it to connect.

Site A I believe is simple to setup, but I'm not sure how to proceed on Site B. I thought about using the address on VLAN 1 for the tunnel. I got it to make the connection, but as soon as the tunnel is established it stops sending traffic for Site A through interface f1. Instead it just sends it out over VLAN 1. So the traffic ends up going no where.

So I then thought about having to use NAT with another IP address. So I tried setting up a loopback interface. But it seems like I'm not setting it up at all close. I've tried searching the Internet on this type of config. I've found a bunch of examples that were somewhat similar, but not exactly what I'm trying.

So if anyone has any ideas of some examples or what steps I would need to do I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Lordly99

Reply to
lordly99
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.