Set trunk command on CAT Os 8.4

I am trying to configure vlan access on a 6506 to a specific port. The network connects multiple buildings in a campus network using 6500 series switches in each building across fiber connections to each switch Each switch has a trunk port and the distribution layer switches do inter-vlan routing.

The distribution layer resides in building 1 In building 2 I have another 6500 who's native vlan in 123 In building 3 I also have a 6506 whos native vlan is 456

Trunking is configured on all switches with dot1q. The 6506 in building 3 has 5 rj21 ethernet modules in it. Module 1 port 7 is setup using The command set vlan 123 1/7 set trunk dot1q on 123,456

on module 5 of the same switch i see that it says clear trunk

I can ping the host in bldg 2 on vlan123 that I am trying to access from the switch interface so I know trunking is working and I also know that inter-vlan routing is working as well. However, I cant access host in the 123 vlan from the switch in bldg 3. I also cannot access my dhcp servers or anyother vlans when I configure any port on the switch to be on the 123 vlan.

I am wondering if the clear trunk on module 5 is causing an issue. Anybody have any thoughts on why I cant access any network resource while on the 123 vlan? It has been about 3 years since I have used CAT OS. I am a little stumped. i just started this position so it would be nice to be able to get it figured out.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Reply to
Techno_Guy
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.