Serial interface for 2621 to do frame relay

Hi there.

I have a 2621 router that I would like to add serial module.

I searched the eBay and saw 4a/s module.

Is that good enough to do frame relay?

I would like to have that 2621 as frame relay clooud.

Please help.

thank you

-Thomas

Reply to
Thomas75
Loading thread data ...

You will need a connection for each router that the cloud connects to. So if you are simulating three sites, you will need a frame-relay cloud router with 3 interfaces, and 3 routers with one interface each to simulate the end-points.

Reply to
Trendkill

Sure, but what are you hooking to the other end? More routers with serial cards such as the WIC-1T or WIC-2T?

Is this going to be a WAN using telco circuits? Which kind of circuits?

Those are bigger questions on how to physically connect things rather than seeing if an interface supports a protocol (it almost always will on Cisco devices if you are matching up the right stuff).

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

I'll use one 2621 with A/S Serial board and have two 2514s

So I would like to use 2621 as the cloud and simulate connecting two

2514 connecting through cloud using frame relay.

-Thomas

Reply to
Thomas75

Okay, thats quite do-able, and fairly easy to cable. You just need the DCE-DTE DB60 cables. Dime a dozen on eBay (well not quite, but just a few bucks). You'll find setups just like this as "labs" on eBay.

Your main limititation is the speed limits of the NM-4A/s module. You aren't going to get anywhere close to 2Mbps on each port, but since it sounds like this is lab setup, it shouldn't matter. Just keep in mind the limits.

formatting link

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.