Selection of Router

Hi all,I need hel all of you

I need to deploy 2 routers using serial interfaces on different locations

One Will be used for 2 Mbps serial link and other will be used for 4Mbp Link.

I need to know which model support for 2Mbps and 4Mbps

Could you please help me in selecting the router.

Thanks

Reply to
IMRAN BHATTI
Loading thread data ...

In article , IMRAN BHATTI wrote: :I need to deploy 2 routers using serial interfaces on different :locations

:One Will be used for 2 Mbps serial link and other will be used for 4Mbp :Link.

:I need to know which model support for 2Mbps and 4Mbps

A number of models do. It's easier if you tell us the interface type (e.g., T2, Frame Relay, something else), and to tell us what other significant features you require (e.g., security needs, internal routing needs, VLAN needs)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Hi Imran,

You may find the Cisco Product Advisor helpful:

formatting link
as well as the Cisco Solution Designer:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks for reply interface type is V.35 Actually basic concern is that is WIC-1T or WIC-2T support the 4Mbps and 2 Mbps

This router functionality is to use it on LEASED line ( just routiing capable router required) I Think 1760 is enough for routing but i am confused on the interface used as i read somehere on cisco.com that Wic-1T does not support data rate more than 2 Mbps.

Please hekp me in choosing the correct interface. Thanks

Reply to
IMRAN BHATTI

In article , IMRAN BHATTI wrote: :interface type is V.35 :Actually basic concern is that is WIC-1T or WIC-2T support the 4Mbps :and 2 Mbps

:I Think 1760 is enough for routing but i am confused on the interface used :as i read somehere on cisco.com that Wic-1T does not support data rate :more than 2 Mbps.

formatting link
shows a maximum speed for the WIC-1T of 2.048 Mbps.

formatting link
When used in the 1700, the WIC-2T provides dual 2.048 Mbps ports.

When used in the NM-1FE1R2W or NM-1FE2W or NM-2FE2W or NM-2W or

2600 WIC slot, the WIC-2T supports two ports at up to 4 Mbps each.

The NM-1FE1R2W requires a Cisco 3745 (the page says). The NM-1FE2W requires a Cisco 3620, 3640, 3660, or 3745. The NM-2FE2W requires a Cisco 3620, 3640, or 3660. The NM-2W requires a Cisco 2600, 2600XM, 3620, 3640, or 3660.

Possibly one or more of the above are supported in the 1800 or 2800.

:I Think 1760 is enough for routing but i am confused on the interface used

formatting link

If you look at the 1700 series in that table, you will see that all members of the series are rated at less than 1 Mbps if process switching is being used. If CEF is being used (which you can probably use in your case), the models that are rated at 6.0 Mb or higher are: 1701, 1721, 1751 - 6.14 1711/1712 - 6.91 1760 - 8.19 and the models that fail are: 1710 - 3.58 1720, 1750 - 4.35

Thus, the 1760 that you mention is the only one of the 17xx bunch that would have any "spare" CPU power to speak of, and even that is fairly risky as the base rate isn't even 1.0 Mbps.

But it's moot as the 1760 only supports the WIC-2T as dual 2.048 (unless the reference page is too old to happen to mention one of the appropriate WIC carriers as being available for it.)

But as long as we are at the performance table, have a look at the 2811 rating, 61.44 Mbps. Looks like enough to support several WIC-2T, right? But if one looks closer under the hood, the story becomes extremely different and even 4.0 Mbps can be too much for the 2811 -- and so could very likely be made to overwhelm the

8-times slower 1760. See my analysis at
formatting link
It depends a lot upon your packet distribution, of course, but under my analysis, if you want to be -sure- you can support 6.0 Mbps, you should be using at least a 2851, and *none* of the models listed in the earlier part of the message are sufficient.
Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thanks Walter for your reply. Now the plan has changed and i have to used the T1 ATM and E1 ATM ( two different router required) interfaces.

I need this feature in my router

Router 1

T1 ATM interface General routing ( as router is used for static routing on leased line) Fast Ethernet port

Router 2

E1 ATM interface General routing ( as router is used for static routing on leased line) Fast Ethernet port

Could you please help me in choosing router model now??

Reply to
IMRAN BHATTI

In article , IMRAN BHATTI wrote: :Now the plan has changed and i have to used the T1 ATM and E1 ATM ( :two different router required) interfaces.

:I need this feature in my router

:Router 1

:T1 ATM interface :General routing ( as router is used for static routing on leased line) :Fast Ethernet port

:Router 2

:E1 ATM interface :General routing ( as router is used for static routing on leased line) :Fast Ethernet port

:Could you please help me in choosing router model now??

If you no longer need the 4 megabits/second, and if I understand correctly that you need routers for two different locations (i.e., that you aren't just specing 2 routers because you don't think you could get both features in one), then several of the 1700 series would be usable. The plain WIC-1T supports E1 (but I don't find a link to the documentation); the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 does not support E1; the T1/E1 Multiflex does.

The 1751 or 1760 would appear to meet the needs.

formatting link

Consider also the 1841 or 28xx

formatting link
The 1841 is aimed at T1/E1 full services; the 28xx would have more "headroom" for future growth.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thank you Walter for your reply. Yes routers are for different locations.

Ok I agree that 1751 or 1760 and 1841 or 28xx is suitable for T1 and E1

But take this thing in mind that i need also the ATM interface as my provider told me that interface will be T1 ATM and E1 ATM.

I do not think that 1751 and 1760 has ATM interface ? So which router i should go for ? as i have to use the ATM interface

Thanks

Reply to
IMRAN BHATTI

In article , IMRAN BHATTI wrote: :Ok I agree that 1751 or 1760 and 1841 or 28xx is suitable for T1 and E1

:But take this thing in mind that i need also the ATM interface :as my provider told me that interface will be T1 ATM and E1 ATM.

:I do not think that 1751 and 1760 has ATM interface ? :So which router i should go for ? as i have to use the ATM interface

Sorry, I slipped on the ATM when I went backwards to find the lowest model that would support the cards.

Various devices have been obsoleted. It appears the current recommendation for your purposes would be AIM-ATM-1T1 and AIM-ATM-1E1 bundles. Those are supported on the 28xx except the 2801.

formatting link
Possibly the NM-1A-T3 and NM-1A-E3 would work? I haven't worked with T3/E3, so I don't know if the interfaces are able to downshift when connected to T1/E1. The NM-1A-T3/E3 are supported on some of the 26xx as well... but these days it probably makes more sense to get a 28xx than a 26xx.
formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

No, they can't. If it's a physical E1 or T1 he gets (which is what it looks like), the T3/E3 interfaces will not work for him.

Regards,

Marco.

Reply to
M.C. van den Bovenkamp

Ok so what module we use for connecting T1/E1 Atm Interface ??

it is ok to use AIM-ATM-1T1 and AIM-ATM-1E1 bundles with 2800 series routers ??

Please guide me

Reply to
IMRAN BHATTI

Hi Imran,

You may find the Cisco Dynamic Configuration Tool helpful:

formatting link
Hope this helps,

Brad Reese Worldwide Cisco Repair

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.