SDM initial install won't start

Hi guys,

I have a cisco 1841 with a HWIC-AP installed and using c1841- advsecurityk9-mz.124-11.T.bin

After I copied the new bin file to the CF card SDM failed initial installation. Also with the original CF card the installation doesn't start.

I receive the 404 Page cannot be found error in IE an Mozilla.

Some things I tried:

- going back to factory defaults

- changing JAVA version from 1.4.2 tot 1.6

- Re-configure HTTP settings including new user with privilege 15

Does anyone have a clue? It seems that I would need a CD-Rom version to re-install SDM on the router? In that case, I have 2 problems,... I don't have a Cisco COO account and a previous IT guy took the CD-ROM with him.

Any help appriciated.

Regards, Jeroen

Reply to
JeroenOss1977
Loading thread data ...

Jeroen,

IOS usually expects to see SDM files in the same directory (at least at the same drive). You have to check if 1841 supports having SDM on another path/drive (some routers have a way to tell where HTML files are, but some may be not).

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Phoneswww.ciscoheadsetadapter.comwww.headsetadapter.com

Hi Mike,

All SDM files are located in the root of the same drive that holds IOS. So on the CF card there are no folders created, all files are in the root.

Regards, Jeroen

Reply to
JeroenOss1977

Phoneswww.ciscoheadsetadapter.comwww.headsetadapter.com

I am not sure what access is required but Cisco has the install files on their web site.

There is a windows Installer and you can choose whether to install on the PC, a router or both.

There are other files too. Maybe a free registration is enough?

Reply to
Bod43

Could you cut and paste a "dir" of the flash?

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.