(RTU) Right to Use License, will it expire or will it last forever?

Perhaps there is someone out there that would be kind enough to shed some light on this.

Cisco's RTU license makes it appear that I can use the securityk9 license forever (Life time)

#show license right-to-use Index 2 Feature: securityk9 Period left: Life time License Type: RightToUse License State: Active, In Use License Count: Non-Counted License Priority: Low Index 3 Feature: datak9 Period left: Life time License Type: RightToUse License State: Active, In Use License Count: Non-Counted License Priority: Low

However this says that securityk9 is and Evaluation license. #show license feature Feature name Enforcement Evaluation Subscription Enabled RightToUse ipbasek9 no no no yes no securityk9 yes yes no yes yes datak9 yes yes no yes yes SSL_VPN yes yes no no yes ios-ips-update yes yes yes no yes hseck9 yes no no no no WAAS_Express yes yes no no yes

My question is... Will securityk9 ever expire, or will it last forever? Cisco's website really doesn't do a great job of explaining the simple here.

Thanks, Crzzy1 CCNP/Cisco

Reply to
thecjguy1
Loading thread data ...

------------ Update: I got a new license. So it went from RTU to Permanent. However I still would like to know if that was necessary. Would the RTU license ever have expired in the first place?

#sh lice right-to-use Index 2 Feature: securityk9 Period left: Life time License Type: Permanent License State: Active, In Use License Count: Non-Counted License Priority: Medium Index 3 Feature: datak9 Period left: Life time License Type: RightToUse License State: Active, In Use License Count: Non-Counted License Priority: Low

------------

Reply to
thecjguy1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.