Route Maps

I am using an access list to define certain traffic. Then based on that access list, I am sending the matched traffic out a dailer interface with DSL using a route map. The goal is to take some of the load off the existing T1.

If the DSL fails, will the route map still take precedence and attempt to send traffic out the DSL or will the default route (using the T1) start carrying the traffic.

Thanks, Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Brady
Loading thread data ...

Bobby,

I would paste the relevant part of your config just so it is clear what you have and what you are doing. If you have say static routes pointing to your destination out of your Dialer0 interface, these won't be removed if the ADSL goes down and the traffic may be black holed.

Reading between the lines I take it that this a single router with 2 x connections, 1 x T1 and 1 x DSL. Furthermore, depending on your ACL you are setting the interface and perhaps other parameters in your route map.

I have done this a number of times, however, to ensure that the route- map didn't black hole the traffic I used the IP SLA commands.

There are sure to be lots of different ways to achieve what you want but for clarity send your config in and I am sure someone will point you in the right direction.

Regadrs

Darren

Reply to
Darren Green

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.