Replacing a startup-config on a Cisco PIX

Hi We are changing ISP's and I want an easy way to replace the current config on Cisco PIX with the new outside addressing scheme Currently it is a Cisco PIX 515E V6.3(4) I have made a copy of the config and saved it as a text file on my w/s which I have setup as a TFTP server I have modified this config to reflect the new IP addresses of the new ISP

What is the easiest way to apply this config. I would ideally like to copy this to the startup config and then just restart the PIX for the new config to take affect Can this be done?

Scott

Reply to
Scooty
Loading thread data ...

No, that cannot be done. PIX 6 does not have a way to copy directly to the startup configuration. All of the ways to load configurations in PIX 6 involve merging the new configuration with the existing state of the PIX.

You have two basic ways to proceed:

A) clear the configuration, config an IP address for your inside interface, config in the tftp-server command, and "config net" to bring in the new configuration; or

B) create a temporary configuration file which goes through all of the items that need to be adjusted, 'no's or 'clear's the old value, and puts in the new value. When the time comes, "config net" to activate the configuration changes.

This temporary configuration file does not need to be a complete configuration: because whatever is in it will be merged with the existing configuration, it only needs to have the commands that you would have typed in manually to the CLI in order to make the changes you want.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.