Replacement for 2511

Hi Group,

I need information about a replacement product for the cisco 2511 with

16 x RJ45 Which one can I use ? In the cisco doc I found as replacement the 2610XM...but I don't think it has 16 x RJ45 ?!

And also what about the cables for the 2511? Is ist possible that I can order additional cables for the 2511 ?

thx

dennis

Reply to
dennis
Loading thread data ...

Sure, a 2610XM would work just fine as a replacement. If you are looking at new boxes, a 2811 would work better. Maybe the reason you are confused is that these routers are modular. You have to add on cards to make them do what you want. In your case, since you seem to be looking for 16 asynchronous serial ports, you'd look to add on an NM-16AS card or NM-32AS card to get 16 or 32 asynchronous serial ports.

The same cables used on the 2511 are used on the NM-xxAS cards, so they are current part #s. There's probably alot of those cables floating around the used markets as well.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Why not just buy a L3 switch with 24 or 48 ports that you can turn up router interfaces on? I'd like some more information on why you need a router with 16 ethernet interfaces...then we may be able to suggest better alternatives.

Reply to
Trendkill

...good point. Dennis, It would help the group to help you if you were to post the output of "show version" and "show run"

-JC

Reply to
J.Cottingim

Hello, Trendkill! You wrote on 29 Mar 2007 05:48:58 -0700:

??>> I need information about a replacement product for the cisco ??>> 2511 with 16 x RJ45 Which one can I use ? In the cisco doc I ??>> found as replacement the 2610XM...but I don't think it has 16 x ??>> RJ45 ?! ??>> ??>> And also what about the cables for the 2511? Is ist possible ??>> that I can order additional cables for the 2511 ?

T> Why not just buy a L3 switch with 24 or 48 ports that you can turn T> up router interfaces on? I'd like some more information on why T> you need a router with 16 ethernet interfaces...then we may be T> able to suggest better alternatives.

Well, 16 RJ45 interfaces on 2511 are not ethernet ones.

With best regards, Andrey.

Reply to
Andrey Tarasov

The router should act a a terminalserver

Reply to
dennis

sorry, I can't give an output because the router is at the moment not active and is standing in our customers basement...;-))

but at the moment we will buy a 2610 or 2611 router ...

Reply to
dennis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.