Replace a non IOS 350 Cisco Aironet bridge with IOS

Hi Mr. Corbett,

If you want only to upgrade a VxWorks 350 or 1200 series access point to Cisco IOS software, and not preserve the previous configuration, then you can use the 350 or 1200 series helper image file to upgrade the access point. This procedure is documented with:

Upgrading an Access Point to Cisco IOS Operation Without the Conversion Tool:

formatting link

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Using the Aironet Conversion Tool to Upgrade from VxWorks to Cisco IOS Software.

The conversion tool is a special utility that is used by administrators to do these actions:

• Create a Cisco IOS configuration from the configuration of an existing VxWorks 350 or 1200 series access point.

• Store a Cisco IOS configuration file on your PC for later use.

• Combine a Cisco IOS configuration file with a 1200 series helper image, to upgrade VxWorks 1200 series access points to Cisco IOS operation.

• Combine a Cisco IOS configuration file with a 350 series helper image, to upgrade VxWorks 350 series access points to Cisco IOS operation.

This document has specific details on how to use the Aironet Conversion Tool.

Release Notes for Cisco Aironet Conversion Tool Version 2.1 for Cisco IOS Software:

formatting link
and

Cisco Aironet Conversion Tool for Cisco IOS Software, 2.1 Administrator Guide for Windows:

formatting link
For an overview of upgrading your 350 / 1200:

Upgrade Cisco Aironet AP1200 ( 350 ) to IOS:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 U/Canada Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com
Loading thread data ...

You may also wish to investigate Downloads of Cisco's Wireless Software:

formatting link
And view the Cisco Wireless TAC Case Collection / Knowledge Base:

http://129.41.16.73/wireless/quest Brad Reese

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Hi all,

I have been looking for some time for information to do this. I have a 350 Cisco Aironet bridge, the operating system is not Cisco IOS, and I would like to re-flash it with IOS but can't find any info to do this.

I would appreciate any help / comments on this

Cheers.

Reply to
Mr Corbett

You need a contract to get IOS for Aironet 350 bridges.

But if you do, the software is available here.

formatting link

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

~ Hi all, ~ ~ I have been looking for some time for information to do this. I have a 350 ~ Cisco Aironet bridge, the operating system is not Cisco IOS, and I would ~ like to re-flash it with IOS but can't find any info to do this. ~ ~ I would appreciate any help / comments on this ~ ~ Cheers. ~

As others have noted, the 350 series *Access Points* running VxWorks can be upgraded to run IOS. However, your 350 series *Bridge* can only run VxWorks.

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Doug McIntyre schrieb:

I can only see VxWorks FW there. AFAIK there is no IOS for the BR350.

For IOS: 1300/1400 only.

Reply to
Uli Link

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.