Rename Device on CallManager 4.1 Server?

Hi all,

Currently using CallManager 4.1 - I have a VGC248 Gateway setup that is trying to register and creates an error in the event viewer every

2-3 seconds. I found out that the call manager name specified on the gateway is different then what is on the call manager itself (it was setup before I started working here). I can't change the name (I would have to add two characters) on the gateway itself because the max characters for the name have already been reached.

I'm wondering if there's way to rename the gateway on CallManager instead of configuring a new one plus all the ports . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Matt

Reply to
mgrasber
Loading thread data ...

It may be easier to just delete the device (gateway), reset VG248 to factory default, and re-create it from the scratch. Sure it will take 20-30 minutes, but believe me, it will be faster and cleaner than trying to fix the problem. You can even use BAT (Bulk Administration Kit) to export phone settings, and import it back after re-creating the device.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Not really what I was hoping to see for a reply but more or less what I figured was coming. Thanks for the help Mike - much appreciated!

Matt

headsetadapter.com \\/\\/|20+3:

Reply to
mgrasber

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.