Recommendation for CCIP Lab

Hi,

I have just completed my CCNA and now looking at getting my CCIP.

At the moment I have the following:

3 x 2611XM Routers 1 x 2522 Router (FR) 2 x 2950T Switches

I noticed that Cisco recommends the following setup for BCSI:

6 x 2811 1 x Router for FR

Would it be sufficient for the all of the CCIP exams if I just add another 3 2611XM's (I can't afford 2811's)?

Any advice/suggestions would be great!

Thanks

Reply to
Peter Danes
Loading thread data ...

Hi Peter,

Yes, 2511XM routers should be sufficient for the lab. The only concern would be a size of Flash and an ability to put required IOS image with all required features. Most of the stuff you can do even with old 25xx routers.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Would you happen to know which IOS I should be running as a minimum on them?

At the moment my 2610XM's are running 12.4(17) Advance IP Services.

headsetadapter.com wrote:

Reply to
Peter Danes

Peter,

I'm not sure about "the latest" labs, but for CCNP you won't be asked anything "too version-specific". The problem with old 25xx routers is that even though newer versions available (for example 12.3), it may require to upgrade your Flash and Memory to the maximum (16/16 or 16/32), which may cost as much as the router itself, if not more. Same thing with 2600XM routers - some featuresets may not fit into the Flash.

By the way, there was a trick on 25xx routers, how to fit bigger IOS into the flash - use Linux utility "compress" to compact the file, and save the resulting file with .Z extension into the flash. Boots a little bit slower, but works just fine. May try it on 2600 routers.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Peter,

having completed a CCIP some years ago (meanwhile also CCIE R&S), I don´t think you´ll need a lab for CCIP.

While some certifications (like CCIE) do require a lot of hands-on experience, others like the CCIP only require learning. There were no simulations/hands-on-tasks etc. (like in CCNA).

Save the money and spend the time learning...

best regards, Axel

Peter Danes schrieb:

Reply to
Axel Gärtner

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.