Reason 413: User Authentication Failed

I am suddenly getting an error message on my PC using VPN Client (ver

4.0.3) "Reason 413: User Authentication Failed". I am using the same Client and profile on my laptop and there it is working fine. I have tried removing and reloading the Client software on the PC but still get the same message. I notice that when I try to connect on my PC, I get prompted for Username and PIN instead of the Username and Passcode prompt on the laptop.

Obviously removing the software on my PC did not remove everything (I noticed that my profiles were still there). What file contains info that would cause it to ask for a PIN instead of Passcode and not allow me to log in? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
bringer666
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate the Cisco VPN Client GUI Error Lookup Tool:

formatting link
Message Type - Select "Reason"

Message Number/Value - Select "413"

Reason 413: User authentication failed.

------------------------------------------- Description or Action:

Either the user entered wrong user authentication information, or the client was not able to launch the XAuth ( user authentication ) process.

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Technical Forums

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant Website:
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Not really, Brad.

I am putt> You may wish to investigate the Cisco VPN Client GUI Error Lookup Tool: >

formatting link

Reply to
bringer666

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.