Question: OSPF path selection based on streams

OSPF Routing question: Traffic path manipulation

n1 ------- ------- ------- n2 -----| R1 |------| R2 |------| R3 |------ -----| |------| |------| |------ n2 ------- ------- ------- n4

I have 3 OSPF routers. There are two interconnections between each set as shown in the diagram. Traffic is being sent from n1-->n2 and from n2-->n4. Both streams are folowing the OSPF best path between R1, R2, and R3. The problem is that I want some of the traffic to flow through the top links and the other streams to flow through the bottom links (different paths) without the use of ecmp.

I'm wondering what is the best way to accomplish this? Would a route policy work such that the policy selects the OSPF next hop for some streams on one set of links while the policy selects the other next hop for the other set of streams? Is there another way to do it?

Thanks,

- Daniel

Reply to
dkushner99
Loading thread data ...

In what way is "Electro-Chemical Mechanical Planarization" involved?

Reply to
bod43

ecmp = equal cost multi path (routing).

Check some of the queueing strategies, perhaps custom queueing or class-based weighted-fair could be useful here; alot will depend on the end systems.

hth,

Jason

Reply to
QoS

VRF. Or just two OSPF processes on each router.

Regards, Andrey.

Reply to
Andrey Tarasov

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.