question for static route -- default route

Hi,

My partial network configuration:

A Cisco Router has two Ethernet interfaces, thses interfaces are connecting to two differnet VLAN ( data VLAN is 192.168.101.0/24 while voice VLAN is 10.10.10.0/24 ) ports of a Cat3560 PoE switch. the Cat3560 as the stub network, do I need to configure default route for those VLANs, or jsut only one default to the Router; like 0.0.0.0

0.0.0.0 192.168.101.254/24 -- my existing configuration ( ethernet interface of the router for data ) ?

Since I found voice network is not stable ?

THX a lot

Reply to
bensonlei
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

My partial network configuration:

A Cisco Router has two Ethernet interfaces, thses interfaces are connecting to two differnet VLAN ( data VLAN is 192.168.101.0/24 while voice VLAN is 10.10.10.0/24 ) ports of a Cat3560 PoE switch. the Cat3560 as the stub network, do I need to configure default route for those VLANs, or jsut only one default to the Router; like 0.0.0.0

0.0.0.0 192.168.101.254/24 -- my existing configuration ( ethernet interface of the router for data ) ?

Since I found voice network is not stable ?

THX a lot

Reply to
bensonlei

One default route for the router. As long as your nodes on each of those vlans have the associated router interfaces as their default gateway, the router only needs one default router for all directly connected networks, unless you need to specifically set two different ones (and this can be done via policy based routing).

Reply to
Trendkill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.