Question about Cisco 1721 QoS

This is a rather basic question about Quality of Service. At work, if I listen to a winamp (shoutcast) station, after about

10 or so seconds it will buffer and then just drop out. This happens only when behind the Cisco router. The DSL connection has more than enough bandwidth to handle this.

I'm assuming this is a QoS issue. What would be an easy way to give a specific IP address a slightly higher priority than the other IP's on the same network?

Also, are QoS commands applied to the Fast Ethernet side or the Ethernet side (DSL)? Could someone please show me an example command that would give IP 192.168.1.3 a bit higher priority than other IP's for traffic coming in from the Ethernet side to the Fast Ethernet side (LAN side).

Thank you so much!

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC2 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

formatting link

Reply to
aphexcoil
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.