QoS and the Catalyst 4506e

I'm trying to set up a new switch, a 4506e, for a remote site. Most of our newer remote sites are using a 4506 and this is the first time I'm working with a 4506e. Our standard configuration, which was in use before I started here, has QoS settings. I'm not that familiar with QoS, but I've read some about it and I have some idea as to what most of it does. Most of the QoS commands in our standard config aren't working in the 4506e. Does the 4506e have QoS? Is there some guide as to setting it up? Below are excerpts from the config we're using that are QoS related:

------------------

qos dbl qos map dscp 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 to tx-queue 2 qos map cos 3 to dscp 26 qos map cos 5 to dscp 46 qos aggregate-policer XYZ_AGG 64 mbps 8 mbyte conform-action transmit exceed-action drop qos ! class-map match-all match_XYZ match access-group 142 ! policy-map police_XYZ class match_XYZ police aggregate XYZ_AGG ! interface GigabitEthernet4/1 description server qos dscp 48 ! interface GigabitEthernet4/30 description server service-policy input police_XYZ ! interface GigabitEthernet4/48 description upstream connection qos trust dscp tx-queue 1 shape 98 mbps tx-queue 2 shape 1 mbps tx-queue 3 priority high

Reply to
pfisterfarm
Loading thread data ...

Configuring QOS has changed for a Sup6 to MQC, there is a new section for it in the configuration guide.

Reply to
brink

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.