Problems with Cisco Aironet 1231

Hi NG,

I bought an used Cisco Aironet 1231 on ebay. Not I=B4m having trouble with the device.

The Ethernet Interface from the Cisco Aironet gets a IP via DHCP. I have access to the Web Interface and to the IOS Shell. I made the basic configuration under Express Security and Express Setup. Not I can connect to the AP from a wireless client. The client gets a IP through the AP from my DHCP server. But, I can=B4t ping any clients in my network. I can ping the AP from my wireless clients. But i get only a few replies. The latency is over 90% over 100ms.

Please advise.

Der AP bekommt von meinem DHCP Server eine IP. Ich habe Zugriffs auf das WebInterface. Ich habe die Punkte Express Security und Express Setup erfolgreich konfiguriert. Ich kann mich auch mit dem AP per WLAN verbinden. Erhalte eine IP Adresse. Von Client kann ich aber nur den Cisco AP anpingen und hier bekomme ich auch nur ab und zu ein Reply. Die Latency ist zu 90% =FCber 100ms. Please help.

Regards, Rene

Reply to
rene.heinze
Loading thread data ...

Hi NG,

I bought an used Cisco Aironet 1231 on ebay. Not I=B4m having trouble with the device.

The Ethernet Interface from the Cisco Aironet gets a IP via DHCP. I have access to the Web Interface and to the IOS Shell. I made the basic configuration under Express Security and Express Setup. Not I can connect to the AP from a wireless client. The client gets a IP through the AP from my DHCP server. But, I can=B4t ping any clients in my network. I can ping the AP from my wireless clients. But i get only a few replies. The latency is over 90% over 100ms.

Regards,

Ren=E9

Reply to
rene.heinze

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com schrieb:

If your WLAN client runs on battery power, most WLAN cards use power saving modes. This would explain such latencies. Setting your WLAN card to CAM or turning power saving mode to off or minimal and your latency should go down to about 3 to 5 msec.

What IOS version? What datarates configured on the radio interface of the AP? Both antennas connected or diversity settings set to the correct antenna connector? Speed/Duplex setting of the FastEthernet0 interface? What WLAN client hardware? What security settings?

Reply to
Uli Link

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.